Saturday, April 11, 2009

Photos - Yay!







The overnight caminata (hike) that we went on. We climbed this big sand dune and the sun was just rising and this was the amazing view (check the post below for more info).








This is what I did for five hours in the sun and dust on Friday. I pushed the megaphone cart (which was loaded down with stuff) as we did the Stations of the Cross across the whole neighborhood. You can see some of the youth group members dressed up as they were doing the acting at each station.








Yes, they actually put the kid playing Jesus up on the cross. But he did a really good job - very focused and very somber - especially for a five hour walk. He is a great kid who I have seen really come into his own since I got here. And his name is Jesús.








One of the stations at an altar set up by the local community association. It was really unique to me how these were done and some were quite pretty and especially noteworthy amid the estera, polvo and poverty of Viñani.






Not the best lighting (nor the best picture of me), but from left to right this is Andres (who played Pilate and is in my first year of secondary class), Juan (who is a good friend and the librarian of the school - though he kind of does a little bit of everything. He and I and a sister lead the youth group), and Eduardo (a fourth-year student who is Jesús´brother and another real cool kid. Their family is also extremely, extremely poor).

No comments: