Friday, November 28, 2008

Belated Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias

Just wanted to wish anyone reading a belated happy thanksgiving day. Rest assured - we had a good feast of epic proportions with grilled chicken, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, apple pie, stuffing, a casserole of sweet potatoes and bananas (delicious), wine, beer, some milky type fruit drink (I have no idea) and good company. My stomach was so full afterwards - I honestly do not think I have eaten that much in a long time.

An interesting Thanksgiving related side note, it was sort of fun to explain the holiday to the different classes. But I did also think more than once that I could have totally lied to them and told them some bogus reason for why we celebrate it. Not that it would be particular funny or useful, but if for instance if I had told them that it celebrated the day when the first Americans expelled a ravage horde of rabinous spider monkeys from the country, I am pretty sure most of my students would believe me. I guess it just shows how much my word will probably be taken as gold as an embassador of other cultures and how careful and responsible I need to be.

Oh, and as has become par for the course, I had to teach a forty five minute lesson on tag questions without having ever seen the material yesterday when the teacher told me she had to leave the room all of a sudden to meet with a parent who showed up. I might stop mentioning these moments since they have become so common.

1 comment:

carlos amaya said...

Hi Gabriel!!!!!
Que cambio de pavo a pollo, pero aqui la pasamos muy bien en familia como de costumbre.
Esperamos nos cuentes como te va en tu cumpleanos.
Un ABAZo
Anna Mariarionsain