Friday, November 20, 2009

Whirlwind Weeks

This time of the year is notoriously crazy down here and it is living up to the billing. I feel tired (but not down or depressed) and like there is much that I am not finding time to do (my laundry has piled up more so than at any other point in the year and my room could use a very good sweeping).

Nevertheless, I am enjoying life and taking advantage of all the interesting opportunities of life down here in Tacna. The school I will teach at next year, Miguel Pro, is having a camping trip with its third year of secondary students (who I will be going on Mes de Mision with in January) and I am excited to do that with them this weekend and travel to a part of the Tacna province that I have never seen. The school is also having the celebration of their dia familiar on November 29th and I, along with my housemates, am going to take part in the teacher´s dance presentation. We will be dancing this huayno (a traditional type of dance here in Peru): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTbtQG3o2kA

Simply fun.

No comments: