Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weather News

Maybe not the most exciting topic, but does dominate life down here a bit and as I am missing the United States a bit more lately, I can only nostalgically think about the fact that spring time is blooming there and we are getting all cold and overcast here.

But basically, as we move into the Peruvian winter in the desert - lest I need to remind you we are technically in the driest desert in the world here - it is freezing at nights and in the mornings, but if the sun comes out in the day, it gets pretty hot still. The sun is the real x factor as it is very very noticable when it comes out, but there is also no such thing as a weather forecast down here and people never actually talk about what temperature it is.

This has left me having to guess each day on what I think the day will turn out to be. Yesterday I definitely guessed wrong and taught my classes while rubbing my arms or warmth. And we have still yet to experience the ¨rain,¨ in whatever form that will come....

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Winter has come here too which means just the opposite-RAIN and humidity like I´ve never felt before.